Tuesday, 17 September 2013

It doesn't matter how slowly you go as long as you don't stop.

I probably should start my first blog post with an introduction to myself: what i like, what i want to do with my life and what my dreams are but at the end of the day, none of that really matters, does it?

I'm just one out of millions of young adults bloggers trying to find a way to express my self in hopes of some relief, or consolation that i'm not alone. I know... this is already starting to sound like a self-pitying, hashtag 'my life is so hard' blog but I promise, it's not like that. Stick around and you'll see there are many more sides to me!

It's been a rough week. I feel like i've been through hell and back and I sit here now with my cup of coffee and am astounded that i'm still here. I learnt a very important lesson this week: Life never happens as planned. You can envision it and plan for it as much as you like but there will always be a curve at the end of the road that you didn't expect and it WILL throw you off course. It may feel like you're tumbling down a ditch but eventually you'll hit the bottom and there's only one way back and that's up. You may not get to your destination as quickly as expected but if you keep persevering,you CAN get there and maybe your detour will help you gain something on the way....or one can atleast hope.

 I like to know that i'm in control of my future and my destiny but maybe I need to be open minded and accept the fact that some things I can't control. I can only believe that what's going on in my life right now will somehow shape me and prepare me for whats in store. I still have big dreams for myself and even though they seem so out of reach now, I know that if I keep pushing, I will get there eventually.
'It doesn't matter how slowly you go as long as you don't stop' - Confuscious

On a side note, appreciate those around you and surround yourself with people who will not only love but uplift you.There are certain things one cannot go through alone and I cannot be more thankful to the people who have helped me through this week. Their love and willingness to be there for me have really cushioned the blow and though i'm still down, a part of me still says: 'Everything will be fine'.

Your truly,
 Still blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment