Thursday, 19 September 2013
Food glorious food!
Everyone who knows me personally knows this: I LOVE FOOD. If it's edible, i will eat it.
When I was in High- school I was one of those privileged girls who literally could devour whatever I liked, whenever I wanted and the scale wouldn't budge an inch. Fast metabolism, where have you gone?
Unfortunately, we know that all good things come to an end. All my late night snackings on pizza and left over spaghetti and unhealthy school lunches of fried noodles and chicken wings on top of that Mcdonalds meal I purchased after school nearly everyday( don't judge! ) eventually caught up to me...(sadly, not in the chest department.) No, I'm not fat and don't consider myself so either...but I could do with some work and old habits die hard.
The media is to blame for my current obsession with a flat stomach. Whether it's in a magazine, on tv or any other social media outlet , I see beautiful humans, sculpted to utter perfection and all I can think is I NEED that. I scroll through my Instagram (guilty, i follow all these #fitfam #fitspo posts) every day and wonder how its even humanly possible to have the physique that some of these women have. I have so much respect for them in the way that it takes a lot of work and determination to look like that. It means getting off your ass and training and it also means eating 'clean' and that for me is almost too much of a sacrifice.
I now have this annoying voice in my head every time I pick up a piece of bread or want to order a burger that tells me to opt for the salad. My basket at the grocery store mostly consists of things like salmon, whole grain bread and cottage cheese when really i'd rather stuff it with things like chocolate and cake. I wake up every morning telling myself i'm going to finally go on that run which i've been promising myself the last month and somehow never get around to it. It's a daily struggle between my head and my heart.
And you know what's funny? I sit here writing this blog as i'm eating a fat slice of bacon quiche...you go girl! I am hoping to get back on track with my fitness plans this week though. As mentioned in my previous post, last week was hell for me and my diet consisted of carbs, carbs more carbs and lots of ice cream .I mean who better to turn to than your trusted friends Ben & Jerry in troubled times? For those of you who are also on their way to getting fit and healthy, I salute you! Those of you who are struggling like me, I also salute you because although we may be moving slowly, the desire to be healthy and the best version you can be is the first step!
Yours truly,
Still blooming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment